Lastly, WhatsApp has introduced a feature which allows users to view whether their messages were read or not with the help of two blue ticks.
Some people found it mind blowing while the rest were freaking out. A single tick indicates that the message was sent, another indicates that it was delivered and the two new blue ticks proved that your message has been read by the recipient. It seemed for a while that this drastic move might may be a bad decision compelling users to forcefully reply to those messages and there will be no escape.
WhatsApp is now making some changes for this outcry. WhatsApp has quietly introduced a new feature which allows you to disable the blue ticks. Once the tick disabled, users cannot check if others have read their messages either. This feature is now again only available for Android users. The new 2.11.444 WhatsApp version is available on the official website of WhatsApp.
Follow the below given simple steps to download the latest apk file from WhatsApp.
- Your first step will be to go to Settings and enable the ‘Download from Unknown Sources’.
- Later, go to WhatsApp’s website and download WhatsApp .apk file.
- Once downloaded, Install the app to your phone.
- After installing, open WhatsApp and head to ‘Settings’.
- Go to the Account, click Privacy.
- You will have the option, ‘Read Receipts’. Click on it and it will disable the blue ticks in your messages.
That will disable the blue ticks on WhatsApp. As we all noted above, feature isn’t available on other platforms or on Google Play as yet, we’ll update this article when that happens. Until then, you can head to our more tutorials.