Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known as mark Twin was a well known writer and humorist. His writings have not just been inspiring, but has contributed in the Prose, Speech and critics sections.
So if you have ever enjoyed the writing works of Mark Twin, here area few quotes from him that our will love to read take a look.
Here is our list for the best Mark Twain quotes for whatsapp status.
Mark Twain quotes for whatsapp status
1. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
2. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
3. Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience, this is the ideal life.
4. The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
5. Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.
6. I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
7. Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.
8. I was gratified to be able to answer promptly and I did. I said I didn’t know.
9. Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
10. Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.
11. Substitute damn every time your inclines to write very your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
12. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was first.
13. Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government when it deserves it.
14.Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.
15. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
16. Write without pay until somebody offers to pay you. If nobody offers within three years, sawing wood is what you were intended for.
17. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.
18. The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain’t so.
19. When one has tasted it he knows what the angels eat.
20. The way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.
21. Never learn to do anything. If you don’t learn, you will always find someone else to do it for you.
22. Never let formal education get in the way of your learning.
23. Thunder is impressive, but it is lightning that does the work.
24. Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under differing conditions.
25. Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.
26. It is a good idea to obey all the rules when you’re young just so you’ll have the strength to break them when you’re old.
27. I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.
28. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
29. Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
30. It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare.
31. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them.
32. Honesty is the best policy when there is money in it.
33. His money is twice tainted: taint yours and taint mine
34. My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
35. If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
36. To be good is noble, but to teach others how to be good is nobler and less trouble.
37. Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn’t.
38. When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not.
39. Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
40. Everyone is like a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.