We can definitely not forget the great soul. But when there is a special day like tomorrow, we can definitely pay our part of tribute. Mahatma Gandhi was the one prominent leader of the Indian independence movement in British-ruled India.
So on his birthday, let’s take a look at all his quotes and sayings. Have a look at our collection for the best Mahatma Gandhi quotes for whatsapp status.
Mahatma Gandhi quotes for whatsapp status
1. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
2. The good man is the friend of all living things.
3. No culture can live, if it attempts to be exclusive.
4. That service is the noblest which is rendered for its own sake.
5. Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
6. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
7. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
8. Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.
9. Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
10. Those who cannot renounce attachment to the results of their work are far from the path.
11. Action expresses priorities.
12. To lose patience is to lose the battle.
13. The future depends on what you do today.
14. An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words.
15. It is difficult, but not impossible, to conduct strictly honest business
16. If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
17. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
18. Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.
19. First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
20. Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress.
21. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
22. Be the change you want to see in the world.
23. God has no religion.
24. The one religion is beyond all speech.
25. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
26. Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
27. Faith is put to the test when the situation is most difficult.
28. As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it.
29. Faith becomes lame, when it ventures into matters pertaining to reason!
30. I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world.
31. A leader is useless when he acts against the promptings of his own conscience.
32. In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.
33. It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends but to befriend one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion.
34. To retaliate against the relatives of the co-religionists of the wrong-doer is a cowardly act.
35. Ashram means a community of men of religion. I feel that an ashram was a necessity of life for me.
36. Religion is a matter of the heart. No physical inconvenience can warrant abandonment of one’s own religion.
37. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problem.
38. You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result.
39. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
40. A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
41. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
42. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
43. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
44. If you want real peace in the world, start with children.
45. Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.
46. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
47. It is unwise to be too sure of ones own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
48. God has given me no control over the following moment. I am concerned about taking care of the present.
49. An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words.
50. Have faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the whole ocean doesn’t become dirty.