With almost 600 million users worldwide, Whatsapp stands as one of the leading messaging app. If you are one among the 600 million users, I’m sure you would be knowing why the app is being followed by such a great number.
Whatsapp being available at a very cheap cost, offers all the needed features for a messaging app. All your sharing and messaging is at your fingertips with whatsapp.
And the one most important thing that we all dread to loose is our contacts and messages. Well whatsapp takes care of one of the two!
The app has been given the feature to back up all the conversations of whatsapp. When needed, you can conveniently transfer the whatsapp conversations to your new phone or device.
So if you are looking for a proper stepwise guide to know How to transfer whatsapp conversations to new device, here is what you need.
How to transfer whatsapp conversations to new device
- Go to the whatsapp app from your current phone.
- Once you have opened the app, go to the three dotted lines from the top right corner of the screen
- From the list of settings there, select the “Chat settings” option
- This will take you to a new page of settings for whatsapp chats. From here, go to the “Back up conversations” option.
- You will here see the date when your chats were last backed up. Click on the option to start backing up your whatsapp conversations till date
- Your whatsapp conversations will be backed up with the app. It will also be stored in the whatsapp folder of your phone.
To navigate to the back up folder on your phone, go to:
File manager>Whatsapp folder>Databases>
Here you will find a copy of all your backed up conversations.
- Now from your new phone, download and install the whatsapp app from your phone’s market store
- While installing the same, your backed up conversations will be retained
- You will be asked for confirmation to restore the backed up conversations. Click on the “Restore” button.
With that you will have all your whatsapp conversations transferred to your new phone.