When you open your phone album or gallery, you find so many unknown pictures and videos, and you have no idea from where all that arrives. How many times does this happen to you??
Everyone having their whatsapp enabled with auto-download would have faced this. The auto-download feature on whatsapp enables a user to download all the media images and videos automatically.
So whenever you open your gallery, you may find a collection of images and videos, and you may sit wondering its source. There is a simple trick wherein you can avoid all the hassle.
You can simply choose to disable the auto-download function of media on whatsapp. Here is a a simple stepwise guide for all users to stop whatsapp media from downloading automatically.
How to stop whatsapp media from downloading automatically
- Go to the whatsapp app from the app list or menu bar
- From the app, go to the three dotted line for settings from the top right corner of the screen
- Now from the list of options there, choose “Chat settings”
- This will take you to a screen of setting for whatsapp chats
- Select “Media-Download” from the list of options
- Now choose the mode under which you wish to change the media download settings
- Under Mobile data, untick the media for which you do not wish to have auto download
So doing the settings, you will be be to stop whatsapp media from downloading automatically.