I’m sure you will be having a number of groups on your whatsapp. And for many of them probably you are the admin and the one managing the same. So with every new member and contact getting added to the group, you will have to keep a check on the contacts and other details for the group.
Well regarding the group name, anybody among the group members can do the same. But when it comes to adding and removing members, it is only through the group admin.
And if you are one of the group admin, then there could be many reasons where in you would want to change the group admin. Another most important thing with the setting is that, only if you are a group admin for a group on whatsapp, you will be able to change the group admin on whatsapp.
So if you wish to change group admin on whatsapp, here is our simple step wise guide.
How to change group admin on whatsapp
1. Go to your whatsapp app from your phone’s app drawer or menu list
2. From the list of chats there, go to the whatsapp group for which you wish to change the group admin
3. Now tap on the icon on the top right corner of the chat to see a list of contacts for the whatsapp group
4. Now scroll down to the contact that you wish to change as the group admin
5. Make sure that you are a group admin if you want to change the group admin
6. Tap on the contact
7. Now from the list of options, tap on the “Make group admin”
Also you can add multiple users to the group admin. So that if one admin is not available to manage the contacts, the other one can do the same.
Doing the settings you will be able to change group admin on whatsapp. Let us know with your comments if you know of more tips and tricks for whatsapp.