As we all know WhatsApp is a popular messenger application used by billions of people throughout the globe. Application is used to send – receive messages without having pay for SMS – a big big advantage to all the peeps!!! On and on it is compatible with Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia and Windows phone. So the conversations made using WhatsApp holds very important information.
However the history stored in your WhatsApp is not fully secure. And if your device goes into such wrong hands, then it will lead to a pot of problems. So if you’re a such user with the query, “how to delete whatsapp messages?”, then you’re at the right place. Go thoroughly through this article and find out your way to remove unwanted whatsapp messages.
You can delete individual messages, group chats or entire conversations or chat history with the help of the following steps. But take a note once deleted messages will be permanently deleted from your device.
Delete one or more messages from a conversation
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat window with the messages you want to delete.
- Tap and long hold on the message you want to delete.
- Optionally, select more messages to select multiple messages.
- Choose Delete from the menu.
Delete an individual chat
- In the main chat screen, tap and hold on the chat you want to delete.
- Tap Delete conversation in the menu.
Delete group chat
- Tap and hold on the chat you want to delete, in the main chat screen.
- Click Exit group from menu.
- Tap and hold the group name in the chat screen.
- Hit on Delete group from the options.
Delete or clear entire chat history
- Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chat Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Delete all conversations or Clear all conversations.
- Delete all conversations will delete all conversations and all messages inside of them, don’t worry you’ll be still the member in your groups and they will be visible on you chat lists.
- Clear all conversations will delete all the messages but leave the conversations in the Chats list.