As Whatsapp has become, one of the most popular messaging app. All the Whatsapp users should definitely know the basic features of this app, so that their messaging experience get better and fun.Here, we list ten things you can do with WhatsApp that are not immediately obvious in the application. Some are available only in the Android Version of Whatsapp, while others can be enjoyed across all the platforms that have the app.
1) You Can Send WhatsApp conversation history to anyone via E-Mail:This feature allow you to send an entire conversation history from WhatsApp through email. If it is an Android Phone, you have to click on the Menu option in a conversation , which is found on the bottom-right of the screen, go to ‘More’ and select ‘Email Conversation’, before you enter the address of the recipient. WhatsApp will create an E-Mail with the whole text conversation, including any pictures, voice or video clips.2) You can Change the WhatsApp chat wallpaper: Hey are you bored up with the same old colorless background on Chat screen? Then why don’t you change it !. You can choose a background to appear in this window by going to the ‘Wallpaper’ option in the chat menu. You can either select a picture that’s on your Android phone, or choose to use one of the delightful backgrounds in the Whatsapp Wallpaper app. This app is automatically downloaded when you choose the ‘WhatsApp’ option in the Wallpapers menu.
3) Save photos you’ve received:The images and videos that you’re sent on Whatsapp, and which you download, remain stored on your device in the WhatsApp\media\WhatsApp Images folder. In Android, you can view these images in the Gallery, and can share them on other sites too. In iOS,WhatsApp images are stored in the Photos app.
4. Make back-ups of your WhatsApp conversations: If your WhatsApp conversations are important to you, it’s a good idea to make backups of them so that you don’t lose them if there’s a problem with the app. To do this, go to the Settings menu, choose ‘Chat preferences’, then click on the Chat history backup option.Don’t worry about remembering to make daily backups, because WhatsApp automatically saves a copy of your conversations at 4 AM each day.And that’s so easy.
5) Use the Enter key to send WhatsApp messages: There’s an option in WhatsApp, however, that lets you use the Enter key on the Android virtual keyboard to send messages instead of having to press the Send button in WhatsApp.To enable the option, go to ‘Chat preferences’ within the Settings menu and check the ‘Enter is send’ box. This option is not available in the iOS version of WhatsApp.
6. You can create shortcuts to WhatsApp conversations:You might get fed up of launching the app every time you want to speak to someone. In the Android version of the app you can create shortcuts to conversations that appear on your home screen so that you don’t even need to open the application to pick up on conversations – just tap the icon with the name of the contact.
7. You Can keep a WhatsApp profile picture:This is a very basic and simple feature.It’s possible to set your own WhatsApp profile picture, by going into Settings and choosing ‘Profile‘. Just tap on the existing profile image and select a picture you’d like to replace it with. You can pick an image that’s stored on your phone already, or snap a photo using your device’s camera.
8. There is much more to send than just text: Do you only send text messages to your friend ? You should take advantage of the various other sharing options the app has. With WhatsApp, you can also send pictures, videos, Voice Messages, your location, and even contacts.
9. Change your WhatsApp status: There’s a Status option within the main WhatsApp menu, and you can type your own message or choose one of the preset status messages in the list.This status message then appears next to your name when you appear in people’s contact lists.
10. Broadcast a WhatsApp message to many contacts:This is a very useful feature, a time saver.If you need to quickly get a message out to more than one person at a time, the easiest way to do this is to ‘broadcast’ a message in WhatsApp.Just select the ‘Broadcast message’ option in the More menu and select the contacts you want to send it to. Now type your message and hit ‘Send’.